If you come into therapy, fully prepared to give it your full commitment, you can be sure to expect personal change.
When you attend weekly sessions, and you participate and engage, we will identify core issues and concerns. Further to this if you comply with homework assignments, and believe in your heart that you are ready to make positive changes, a better life will be waiting.
Once in therapy, you may begin to notice and observe changes in your life.
For instance here are some examples of observable changes that will be noticed by you, me, your friends and your family members.
- Your thought pattern will change.
- You’ll begin to notice negative thoughts, feelings and behaviors when they occur.
- You’ll become more empowered and assertive in the areas in your life where assertiveness requires some adjustment.
- You’ll realize your strengths.
- You’ll become more aware of solutions to problems.
- You’ll appear to be at peace, happier, and more satisfied with where your life is going.
These are just a few examples. Therapy is an amazing thing! Please remember what you put in, you will certainly get out.
I say this gently. You cannot expect to treat therapy as a secondary or a low priority in your life. You won’t get nor see the changes you need. You must be committed to the process. Therapy is an investment for a better you.